Pages

13 March 2018

Pickled Onions

I actually made pickled onions out of boredom one day cause I wanted a different topping for tacos. I really did not realize how easy it truly was to make. I started with a recipe for one onion's worth of deliciousness, but little did I realize how much my husband would actually like these. The following recipe is for a LARGE batch, but can be easily be broken down for smaller portions.

Pickled Onions
3 large red onions, sliced thinly (a mandolin slicer comes in VERY handy for this)
2 cups apple cider vinegar
4 cups of water
2 T coarse sea salt
4 T sugar

Bring vinegar, water, salt, and sugar to a boil. Cook until salt and sugar have dissolved.  Add in onions and boil for just a minute or two. Remove from heat and cover pot. Let sit for about 15-20 mins, then enjoy.  Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container, in the fridge, for about a week. However, they never last that long in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment