Pages

31 January 2012

Warm Shrimp and Pasta Salad

I'm a newbie when it comes to Shrimp. Majority of my life I stubbornly refused to eat any seafood, of any kind. I'll admit I'm still a little on the fence about it, but with recipes like this one, I could possibly see a lifelong friendship between those little critters and myself.  This recipe was adapted from the Dieter's Cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens. It's healthy for you and best part, it taste good!

Warm Shrimp and Pasta Salad



6-8oz fresh or frozen shrimp, salad sized
8oz pasta (gemelli or celletani) 
6oz snow peas, frozen or fresh
1/2 cup sweet red pepper, sliced or diced
4 green onions, cut/diced
1/4c rice vinegar
4tsp vegetable oil
3T reduced sodium soy sauce
1T honey
pinch of crushed red pepper

Thaw shrimp if it's frozen. Cook pasta according to box directions. Add the snow peas in the last minute of cooking. Drain and toss in peppers. Cover and set aside.

Combine vinegar, oil, soy sauce, honey and crushed pepper together to make a dressing. In a small skillet, warm/cook shrimp in dressing until opaque. Toss into pasta mixture and serve warm. Super yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment